Drivers Education Program Information
Safe Drivers PEI is a government certified driving school that offers Driver Education programs across PEI.
Our Drivers Education Program packages include:
- Testing for the class 7 learners permit if required
- 25 Hours of In-classroom theory instruction
- 6 Hours of In-Car Observation (waiver in place due to COVID-19)
- In-Car driving exam for the class 5 (G) license (1 attempt, fee applies for additional testing)
- 10, 15, or 20 hours of in-Car training with a certified driving instructor.
PEI Drivers Education Program:
10 hours of in-car training with a certified driving instructor.
PEI Drivers Education Program PLUS:
15 hours of in-car training with a certified driving instructor.
PEI Drivers Education Program PREMIUM:
20 hours of in-car training with a certified driving instructor.
If you are unable to practice regularly at home, we strongly suggest you enroll for our Plus or Premium packages.
Throughout the program students will learn:
- Proper use and recognition of traffic control devices
- Interpretation of traffic situations, rules, and laws (formal and informal)
- Reversing: straight, left and right
- Parking techniques
- Lane changing and merging techniques
- Emergency situation and accident avoidance skills
Why take Drivers Education?
Learning to drive with a qualified instructor is the best, and safest way for new drivers to learn. Students will benefit from faster learning, a 3-month reduction in the time to qualify for their class 5 exam, lower insurance premiums, and overall safer driving habits. Our vehicles are regularly inspected and are modified with an instructor braking system for added safety. Please visit our FAQ page for more commonly asked questions.
How much does the Drivers Education program cost?
The Safe Drivers PEI Driver Education program is available in three packages:
PEI Drivers Education Program: $699+hst
PEI Drivers Education Program Plus: $899+hst
PEI Drivers Education Program Premium: $1099+hst
A $300 payment is due when registering for a class session; the remaining balance is due as students complete driving time, or no later than 9 months from the date of registration, whichever is soonest.
Safe Drivers PEI provides professional classroom instruction at various locations across Prince Edward Island. We use a combination of interactive lecture and group discussions to keep our class experience the best in the business!
Safe Drivers PEI instructors are trained above the industry standard to ensure we provide the best service to our students! Our instructors complete many hours of theory, and in-car training before they are certified as driving instructors with the PEI Department of Highway Safety.